Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Random jottings...

Greetings,

I'm now finally recovering from a bout of food poisoning. It took a full week for the toxins to take effect, and embarassingly, the symptoms decided to start showing themselves in a violent display in the middle of a family reunion. . . . bacteria really do have a good sense of timing!
The culprit, soon to be eliminated by penicillin:
After being issued the standard course of antibiotics and rehydration salts and being lectured on food hygene, I was told to take a couple of days off from my usual commitments....maybe I'll finally complete that tank model which is collecting dust on the shelf...maybe I'll blog more.... maybe I'll start legal proceedings against that odd-smelling restaurant....
I can't make a decision yet, I guess I'll have to sleep over it.

I met an old friend at the clinic yesterday evening and during the long wait we had this interesting discussion on what's been going on in KB (yes, I admit, I don't go down there frequently anymore). Apparently the variety of camps available for us post-O-level students has increased: OGDC organised one (a really fun one I was told, anything involving M-16s and ammunition must be good!!) and so did a few other government bodies (the Anti Narcotics Bureau, religious organisations etc). Also, the Rubik's Cube craze is still going strong. It occured to me that many relics from the 80s are making a comeback, the cube, techno music and so on. It's fascinating to see a toy from my mother's days at school being tinkered by kids today. Retro IS the way to go I guess, but I find the cube simply too frustrating.....

The 6 second solution to the Rubik's Cube

Well that's all I want to write so far, until my next post, take care, keep healthy and remember, avoid eating at places with unflushed toilets.

No comments: